Mark Erwin, ChFC®, M.A Psychology
I got into the financial services business to make a difference in people’s lives. In 1977, I graduated from UC Berkeley with degree in economics. I went back to school in 2014 and obtained a master's in psychology so I could better understand how people deal with change and resolving issues in their lives, whether this is a result of divorce, death of a loved one, change of jobs, sale of a business, and birth of a child or marriage.
I have a passion for endurance sports like triathlons, cycling, ocean, sailboat racing, and back country skiing. Life, like endurance sports, can be very challenging. There are times when fear and other obstacles get in the way and throw you off course. My life experiences and unique educational background provide me with the ability help clients make informed decisions to overcome those obstacles, both personally and financially, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
I specialize in working with business owners, dentists, attorneys and families in the areas of wealth management, estate and business succession planning, retirement plan creation and maintenance, and life and long-term care insurance. I believe in high trust relationships based on expertise, integrity, and authenticity.
Education, Registrations, and Designations:
- Graduate of the University of California at Berkeley with a B.A. in Economics
- Chartered Financial Consultant through American College (ChFC®)
- Master's degree in Spiritual Psychology from the University of Santa Monica
- FINRA Series 7 securities registration as an Investment Adviser Representative of Commonwealth
- Licensed insurance agent for life, health, disability and long-term care insurance.